The C3E is the only fund specifically dedicated to the commercialization of innovations in energy efficiency of transportation in Canada.
Despite the various programs and grants offered to reduce the risk of the commercialization of Canadian innovations, it remains that when a company is ready to begin its sales approach, it is regularly confronted with a lack of liquidity to the early stages. It is at this crucial moment that the C3E comes in.
Criteria suited to the commercialization stage
As it is not easy to get funding for marketing, the C3E considers principles rather than strict criteria to support innovative enterprises. Apart from the obligation to offer a product in the sector of energy efficiency of transportation, particular attention is given to:
- Creation of wealth and jobs in Canada
- GHG emission reduction (directly or indirectly)
- Professionalism and productquality
Simplified selection process
Finally, the selection process, although rigorous, aims to be the simplest as possible. There are five (5) important steps:
- Technical and commercial Due Diligence
- Financial Due Diligence
- Recommendation and approval of the project by the Executive Committee or the Board of Directors
- Legal Due Diligence
- Final approval of the project by one of theinstances of C3E leading to a resolution confirming the investment
Ready to apply for funding?